15 Festive Christmas Party Food Ideas
Are you throwing an ugly sweater party? Attending the yearly firm Christmas party? Or hosting a Christmas dinner? Then you are in the right place. I have searched high and low on Pinterest to bring you fifteen tasty and festive Christmas party food ideas. I also included links to other sites with more amazing Christmas party food ideas! Enjoy!
1) Pine Cone CheeseballPhoto Courtesy of Chickabug WARNING: I am obsessed with cheese - queso, cheese squares, and CHEESEBALLS (especially homemade ones) so there are THREE cheese dips on this list because cheese is fuckin delicious is basically required during the holidays. For this ball of joy, you will need cream cheese, mayo, bacon, green onion, dill, pepper, and whole almonds. See the full recipe here.
2) Christmas Tree Pull Apart BreadPhoto Courtesy of Eclectic Recipes If you are anything like me, you love garlic bread. But not just any old garlic bread...it has to have fresh garlic (and butter). The more the better. Ha! For this ooey, gooey, cheesy platter of goodness you will need Pillsbury® pizza crust, cream cheese, mozzarella, butter, fresh minced garlic (YASSSS), basil, rosemary, and your choice of marina sauce. This is perfect for a large hungry crowd. Full recipe here.
3) Salsa Verde Cream Cheese DipPhoto Courtesy of Life With The Crust Cut Off On to da next one... More cheesy decadence right HURR. Not only is this super cute, but it combines salsa (fundamental in Texan cuisine) and cream cheese (MMMM). The best part is that it's only requires five ingredients: cream cheese, salsa verde, red pepper, yellow pepper, and crackers. Although if you want to spice up the presentation, you will also need pretzel sticks, cheese cubes (yes seriously more cheese), and scallions. Full recipe here.
4) Snowman CheeseballPhoto Courtesy of Crafts a la Mode Isn't this snowman just adorable? I thought so too. ;) Surprisingly, he is fairly simple to make. All you need is cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, fresh garlic (YUM), peppercorns, piece of a carrot, and crackers. And you are ready to serve up Frosty the Snowman at your holiday bash! Ok that was the last cheese dip, I swear. Full recipe here.
5) Christmas Tree of PinwheelsPhoto Courtesy of The Melrose Family They are easy to hold (great for peeps who want to grab and get back to drankin) and are pretty satisfying. This recipe is great because you can use almost anything for the filling . You could even order some from your grocery store deli - although I would request green tortilla wraps so that when you lay these babies out in a triangle (like above), it will actually look like a legit Christmas tree! Full recipe here.
6) Easy Holiday Party Appetizers: Cheese, Cracker and Sausage Christmas TreePhoto Courtesy of Mommy Gaga Only have like 10 minutes to prepare an appetizer for your Christmas party? Not to worry, this bad ass edible Christmas tree should do the job. Because who doesn't love a good sausage, cheese, and cracker tray? And if you have the time, whip up some homemade ranch dressing for dipping! Full instructions here.
7) Gingerbread CheesecakePhoto Courtesy of Chocolate Moosey While I did say there were not any more cheese dips on my list, I never said ANYTHING about desserts. :P This is the first of two cheesecake recipes. Brace yourself peeps! This wintry delight includes gingersnap cookie crumbs, unsalted butter, cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, molasses, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg, ground clove, and whipped cream. This would be so incredibly cute topped with a store-bought mini gingerbread man cookie like here. Get the full gingerbread cheesecake recipe here.
8) Santa Hat Cheesecake BitesPhoto Courtesy of Cooking Classy Honestly, it's hard for me to think of Christmas and not automatically think CHEESECAKE. Over the years, I have made several variations on cheesecakes for my family. The best result was when I made cheesecake cupcakes and cheesecake minis (like these). Cheesecake is just so rich that most peeps cannot eat an entire slice and sometimes peeps be too lazy to go cut a whole piece of cake. That's why this recipe is the answer to your prayers. You'll need oreos, butter, cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, white chocolate chips, heavy cream, fresh strawberries, powdered sugar. Full recipe here.
9) Melted Snowmen Oreo BallsPhoto Courtesy of The Girl Who Are Everything Yes you have another opportunity to eat Frosty's head. :lol: Gather cream cheese (OMFG it's in like every recipe), regular sized Oreos, vanilla candy wafers/melts, mini Oreo cookies, and decorating icing/gel. This may be a bit of work but you will totes look like a pro when you show these off at a party. Full recipe here.
10) Eggnog Bread with Rum GlazePhoto courtesy of Knead to Cook Not only is this a great recipe for holiday parties, but it's also something that would be an amaze DIY gift! For this recipe you will need eggs, eggnog, spiced rum, white sugar, vanilla extract, butter, all purpose flour, instant French vanilla pudding mix, baking powder, salt, ground nutmeg. Full recipe here.
11) Candy Cane Kiss CookiesPhoto courtesy of Sally's Baking Addiction Because Christmas isn't really Christmas without cookies ;) ! You will need butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, salt, Christmas colored sprinkles, and candy cane Hershey kisses. Full recipe here.
12) Christmas Vanilla Roll CakePhoto courtesy of Roxana's Home Baking Throw that fruit cake out the door because this is the cake that you should be baking up this holiday season! You will need eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, cake flour, cornstarch, red & green Wilton batter bits, vanilla buttercream, butter, powdered sugar, red & green sprinkles, heavy cream, white chocolate. Full recipe here.
13) Reindeer MacaronsPhoto Courtesy of Miss CandiQuik If you want to make the macarons from scratch (GO YOU), you will need eggs, cream of tartar, superfine sugar, almond flour, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, chocolate, heavy cream, chocolate candiquik coating, and A LOT OF TIME & PATIENCE. But you could simply buy the macarons from your local grocery/specialty store and just do the decorating! Although they do run about $2 per cookie. Full recipe here.
14) Frosted Sugar CookiePhoto Courtesy of Java Cupcake Regular sugar cookies are so plain and boring which is why you need these gorgeous, heavenly treats in your life! You will need butter, shortening, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, salt, powdered sugar, heavy cream, red & green gel food coloring, and red, green, & white sugar pearls. Full recipe here.
15) Santa Hat Party MixPhoto Courtesy of Cookies and Cups The perfect drunk food for your ugly Christmas sweater party. You and I both know peeps go hard at those parties. Be the hero with these snacks. You'll need bugles, red melting disks, mini marshmallows, white sprinkles, mini pretzels, craisins, peanuts, rice chex, holiday colored M&M's, and white chocolate. Full recipe here. Sparkle and shine at your holiday festivities in our Golden Snowflake Sweater and Naughty Gold Leggings!! Relevant Topics:
- 40 Cute Christmas Food Ideas
- 38 Clever Christmas Food Hacks That Will Make Your Life So Much Easier
- 10 Christmas Themed Food Recipes
- 33 Festive And Beautiful Foods to Make for Christmas
- 35 Next Level Appetizers for Your Holiday Party
- 10 Awesome Christmas Party Food Ideas and Recipes
- 50 Cute Christmas Treat Ideas
- 25 Creative Christmas Appetizers
- Last Minute Christmas Recipes
- 41 Adorable Food Decorating Ideas for the Holidays
- The 6 Easiest Christmas Recipes on Pinterest
- 100 Healthy Holiday Cookies Cakes & Desserts
- The Grinch Who Stole Christmas Fun & Easy Party Ideas
- 10 Fun & Festive Christmas Breakfast Ideas
- 50+ Gingerbread Recipes
- 49 Things That Taste Like Christmas
- Fest Threads Collaborator